Welcome to Monday morning! The sun is shining . . . so that’s good. How was your weekend? Was it as eventful and yet uneventful as mine?
Checklist for this past weekend:
- Pack up camping gear only to find out the Canyon is closed due to flooding
- Cook our tinfoil dinners in the oven and eat them outside our apartment
- Roast our smores at the mini-mall by the other canyon while making conversation with couples waiting for their restaurant reservation
- Sunny Saturday morning bike ride
- Flood my parent’s basement while washing our car
- Spend a good part of our Saturday moving soaked boxed from one room to another
- Sunday brunch with the entire family to celebrate our little niece, Avery
- Sew some pillow covers for the couch
- Clean out our storage closet for the furnace maintenance man
I also received a birthday card in the mail from my In-Laws and my MIL was sweet enough to remember I had wanted an Iowa Hawkeyes t-shirt to match my hubbies and had sent that as well. I love surprises! So, hopefully this week (my birthday week) I can surprise all of you with some little projects I’ve been working on.